Within Temptation

The Forsaken

The world revolves around us, with or without my existence.. Searching for the right person..The bearer of the silent requiem..

Credit: anotakuami

Chatbox






Friends

  • BoA
  • JJ
  • Sibeh Sien
  • Adelee Ho
  • Adeline
  • Carmen Lu
  • Christine Ang
  • Ching Yong
  • Daniel Andrew
  • De Min
  • Donnovan
  • Donut
  • Eileen
  • Guo Xiang
  • Hao Zhi
  • Hoh Geap
  • Hui Ting
  • James Jack
  • Joyce Ding
  • Kacy Lam
  • Kah Yean
  • Leeza
  • Lok Soon
  • Mary Koh
  • Mr. Marcus
  • Mr. Jay
  • Munn Sing
  • Phynaz
  • Pei Ting
  • Pey Xen
  • Sharee Ch'ng
  • Sheng Yuan
  • Sher Huey
  • Siu Hong
  • Suan Li
  • Sui Yuan
  • Sze Ming
  • Tatt Hoong
  • Vern Yen
  • Wee Ven
  • William Heng
  • Yee Phing
  • Yong We
  • Yi Lian
  • Yue Ying

  • Archives


    [ February 2006 ]
    [ March 2006 ]
    [ April 2006 ]
    [ May 2006 ]
    [ June 2006 ]
    [ July 2006 ]
    [ August 2006 ]
    [ September 2006 ]
    [ October 2006 ]
    [ November 2006 ]
    [ December 2006 ]
    [ January 2007 ]
    [ February 2007 ]
    [ March 2007 ]
    [ April 2007 ]
    [ May 2007 ]
    [ June 2007 ]
    [ July 2007 ]
    [ August 2007 ]
    [ September 2007 ]
    [ October 2007 ]
    [ November 2007 ]
    [ December 2007 ]
    [ January 2008 ]
    [ February 2008 ]
    [ March 2008 ]
    [ April 2008 ]
    [ May 2008 ]
    [ June 2008 ]
    [ July 2008 ]
    [ August 2008 ]
    [ September 2008 ]
    [ October 2008 ]
    [ November 2008 ]
    [ December 2008 ]
    [ January 2009 ]
    [ February 2009 ]
    [ March 2009 ]
    [ April 2009 ]
    [ May 2009 ]
    [ June 2009 ]
    [ July 2009 ]
    [ August 2009 ]
    [ September 2009 ]
    [ October 2009 ]
    [ December 2009 ]
    [ January 2010 ]
    [ February 2010 ]
    [ March 2010 ]
    [ April 2010 ]
    [ January 2011 ]
    [ May 2011 ]

    Counter


    Leo


    67% Leo

  • Groundbreaking Thinker (GT)

  • Tsubasa's Corner


    Credit: ~Momoko-Asuka

    Credit: koinogen

    Tuesday, January 19, 2010

    Of Challenge and Waiting



    As we always know, or seen through our eyes, facing the challenge is always difficult even though we're fully prepared for it. The reason behind is simple: we human are never ready to face anything. No matter how prepared us are, a part of us still resist to face-up with the difficulties. Such are human's nature.

    However, today's main topic isn't on this particular matter. I always thought that facing the problem is always the toughest thing in the world (at least in myown point of view), but little did I know, something proves to be harder than this.

    On the decisive Monday in December where I had my ACCA finals, I fought head-on with one of my worst nightmare, the Advanced Taxation paper. In the past, I believe that I had worked so hard and I didn't deserve a failure. At least not such a close failure at 48 mark which shatter my iron will towards studies. The fact was that, I didn't give in even close to 40% of my efforts for this round; there was blockade in my mind that was busy telling me to give up. The voice was so alluring that it took almost superhuman will to resist.

    I thought, with the trauma I was facing, it proved to be the most difficult thing to go for a second round battle with my nightmare. But little did I know, waiting was actually the tougher one. Waiting for the unforeseen and waiting for uncertainty. These two alone were more than enough to send a normal person crazy.

    She told me that initially, but I couldn't believe, at least until the following Wednesday of that week where I had to go through the longest 3 hours I ever waited in my life. She had to face with her worst nightmare too, and for that, I was dreaded with concern. I waited and waited alone, keep thinking how was she performing and fearing her that she might not perform well enough. A fact was that, I couldn't concentrate at all in the library at all.

    With that, I could draw up a simple equation right here: Waiting is more painful as compared to facing the challenge yourself. That is the reason why you should always strive for the best and give in all of your might, so that the person who's waiting for your return will be rewarded in your future success.

    A lesson learned.

    Labels: Human's Nature, Thoughts


    Waiting for your arrival @ 5:31 AM