Well, do you know each one of us has our own
"comfort zone", which shows us how are we going to behave around people, especially strangers.
At least, this must have occurred to you: when a stranger approaches, out of your natural reaction, your body will definitely tensed up even the slightest bit. You may not notice it, but it's there. The reason is simple -- because they're stepping into our comfort zone, and thus, we feel a bit awkward to that.
Another example I read from a book, is that people tend to focus their attentions inside the lift onto the
floor display screen. Again, it is due to their individual comfort zone is being invaded as they are forced to stay in such a constricted space, and inadvertently their eyes linger around, and the awkwardness will be diverted to the screen.
But this isn't the main topic I'm going to discuss today. The one I'm going to elaborate is that, well, how are we going to behave around strangers versus friends.
You do notice right, as we are getting closer with our friends, we actually
"allow" them to step into our own comfort zone without realizing it. The closer we are, the closer proximity they can stay around us. Of course, towards strangers, like I mentioned above, we act the other way round.
That's why I'd like to say, staying around strangers actually DO bring up the
tension level in our bodies. Our bodies will become more rigid, muscles tensed up, we feel awkward and slightly uncomfortable. A chain reaction, I'd say, and this way our energy drains away faster. Take another situation, where we are around our friends, we can behave in a more comfortable manner, and we feel more
relaxed. This leads to us releasing the tension level to a certain level, and results in lesser energy loss.
I may not have any research base or evidence for my sayings, but I do believe, as I have experienced it in the past, that what I have said are according to my observation so far.
So, the question here is, what do you think about it? How do you feel and behave around strangers and also your friends?
Labels: About Life, Human's Nature, Thoughts