Advantages versus Disadvantages, in my very opinion, is a fundamental thinking in our daily life. Everything that we're involved in, we would look at its goods and also its bads, and by taking into consideration of each point, we will weight our decision based on the issues involved. That's the reason behind everyone's decision will differ as these are actually related to our own opinions and experiences.
Allow me to drift away from this topic for a while. To support my point above, I'd like to mention that a very obvious example is what we
"deem" as worthwhile to spend our money on. Say, a pianist or guitarist of course values a higher quality musical instrument better; to us, we'd usually retort by saying, "why should we spend such a huge amount money on something
like that?". Like that, it's a very strong word here.
Actually, this is based on the underlying value-adding factor which different people views differently. Some people may say that a better pen gives better comfort, so purchasing a higher-end writing pen will definitely worth it. However, things may not be the same for people who views writing as another repetitive action in our life, and writing with any pen will not make any difference at all. As long as the pen can produces the necessary outcome.
Let's come back to our main topic: Advantages vs. Disadvantages are actually dangerously similar to what I've mentioned above -perhaps it's the same things when viewed from a particular viewpoint. In our everyday's life, we are judging stuff subconsciously in our mind all the time. I believe, we actually rank stuffs, too, all along.
Believe it or not, I think even we do apply this when we're making a friend. At least to a certain extent. We know which friends do we make, and of course, what benefits we can acquire from them. You may be saying that I'm materialistic, but I'd say you can't deny the fact that the thought of this didn't cross over your mind even for the slightest bit.
What I mean, well, is that this is the way which our mind words, and the beauty here is that, we as friends, will usually choose to ignore or look-away at this kind of
"Advantages vs. Disadvantages" thinking. Some people allow the idea to overwrite their judgmental capabilities, and that's when it leads us into calling them "materialistic people" -- I, for one, hate these sort of people. Making friends should be a straightforward process which involves no complications. It should be something naive (in a good way, of course), and we shouldn't make friends because what we can gain in return. We should make friend for the sake of making friend. As simple as that.
Before I'm ending this, I'd say that even though "Advantages vs. Disadvantages" is a fundamental thinking to our mind, still we can
control and
deal with it. Actually, this is similar to jealousy's case which we can manage it in a positive manner.
Labels: Human's Nature, Thoughts