People always says that Constructive Criticism (CC) is always healthy. That's how it helps someone to get better, or to perform better in a certain field.
Well, that's just half-true I guess. Accepting a CC is not easy, at least not like what people normally says though. When someone critic your works, it feels really horrible. From my observation, I'd classify it the margin in between scolding and giving suggestion.
I had been frank to my thoughts all of these times, but since human is such a fragile creature (I'm gonna say I'm one of them too) that find it hard to accept those
true, but
ugly words, I made the decision not to pinpoint things out directly.
Why? Because there are cases where I have give my true and fair opinion on someone's work, and I got really shocked with the reply I receive. Maybe it was due to my poor grammar knowledge. Maybe I said things which I was not suppose to talk about
(zone of no debate). Maybe that fella was in a bad mood that day. Or maybe I didn't use the correct words to deliver my message. I do not care.
P/S: You know even mere words can be a sharp sword that hurts someone when it is not being used properly.
It didn't happen to me for once, but twice, thrice, and more. Someone people just couldn't accept their own mistakes and people's true opinion; they choose to believe in lies.
Yes, lies. They want to hear things which they are expecting to hear from you. They want to hear sweet stuff, those praises, those compliments to bring their ego even higher. But what benefits it gives someone in a long run?
Think about it.
No, right? Except if you're going to counter with,
it boosts your confidence, then I got nothing to say.
People out there, I know CC might be quite harsh, pain in the heart, but it's important to make us a better person. Of course, there is exception where the same person keeps on pinpointing the same well-known error, wrongdoings, or the weakness of yourself. In that case, help me give that guy or girl a smack.
We are humans; we take times to improve ourselves. We are not god as we cannot achieve and master something in a single day.
Truly, I was very de-motivated from my friend's CC this evening . It pained so deeply in the heart that I was thinking about giving up, but I didn't. I know I had to improve myself in order to get better access of knowledge.
And now, I am going to be completely frank to this. The feeling is going to be very horrible, especially from a close friend, a special mate, or family. It's like there's nothing in this world for you to stand and the only solution to that is to suicide.
Humans are weird, yeah. They choose to believe in things which they could see, and occasionally, they choose to believe in their own pools of lying, then they got upset when somebody pinpoints it out.
But fear not, my friend, since this is how the world is supposed to be; it's just a matter of
now or never. You gotta get used to it, as in the future, there's gonna be plentiful of CC that you're gonna receive from your colleagues, and also your boss. The earlier you get fond with it -transforming the negative feelings into sheer motivation that push you up even further- and the less time you'll spend in mourning.
Believe me or not?
Anyway, I got to say, forgive me for my poor grammars. This should be the end of my nonsense, B.S. crapping.
Labels: Human's Nature, Thoughts