As I have mentioned on my yesterday's post, I had my first hands-on experience with land inspection. I didn't drove all the way to Gabai, which was worth at least one hour driving from the city, but in fact my boss fetched me there.
There were a total four of us. Throughout the journey, I paid keen attention to the ongoing conversation between my peers about things related to the job. I'd say, they are all pretty interesting. Things were just getting better as we reached the agricultural land that was owned by one or two Datuks. They were actually developing the land by putting up fences, maintaining the land, pond, and local fruit trees. However, things weren't going well midway and thus there was no sufficient fund to complete the project. That was the reason behind of the uncompleted bungalow. This piece of 4.2 acres land is up for sale @ a price of RM3.5m.
The environment looks pretty nice, and we had quite a good view on the mountains, the forest, and the rivers, which look absolutely stunning. Had a brief lunch there, chatted and then my boss brought us to waterfall. Really, it lives up to its legends. I trekked my way until there were no way to continue forward, sweat like hell during the process, and subsequently made my way back to the ground level where my boss and his secretary or assistant (whichever it is) were dipping into the water. After that, we went for another round of lunch at Connaught's famous claypot chicken and lamb rice. It was a meal not to be forgotten; the lamb taste really nice and the chicken has got its unique flavour (in chinese it's called the "Drunken Chicken").
The famous Gabai Waterfall
Then only I went back to Taman Desa, where I embarked on this long trip and resumed my daily routine. Bought some stationery and went for an extremely long hair rebonding and restyling session. Mind you, by extremely long I mean it ate up five hours of my time, and how's logical is that gonna be?! This had indirectly caused me to rush my moments later for a quick shopping for the remaining goods for my job: one pair of shoe, shirts, and a pant.
When I made it through all of these events, it was already late 9-10 pm already. Had my late dinner and later on, went to sleep real early and call it a day. In order to prepare for my first real-deal job by tomorrow.
Anyway, cheers and all the best to me and my future career.