For those of you who do not have a clue about this, I've recently applied for a position as a real estate negotiator. You might ask me, am I insane or what because all the time I've been studying accounts, and right now, I'm going for a totally unrelated job? Especially when I have no qualification in the required industry?
Well, the requirement for the position is pretty simple: I just need to be a good scorer in SPM along with a car license + my own vehicle. I need to speak English, and is eager to meet with new people. As simple as that, seriously.
Anyway, I think I kinda got through the interview. At first, I was pretty nervous, but luckily things got better when I went in for the session. I even got a sneak peak on his interview sheet, commenting that my body language shows that I'm pretty confident. Pretty satisfied with everything that he told me (and with my questions being answered), I think most likely I'd be stepping my foot in this industry. At least for the time being.
After signing me up, he told me I had to attend a training session on next Saturday and Sunday, which will cost me RM501 -- but hey, aren't training for employee suppose to be free of charge? He mentioned that the amount can be refunded upon achievement of a certain target. I understand his concern, as this is most likely an 'entrance test' or sort for new comers to assess their capabilities, determination and motivations altogether. Anyway, I hope this is not a con or trickery.
I'm looking forward for the forthcoming weekend, and also, I have been browsing stuff related to property agent recently. The few criteria such as flexible working hours, commission-based pay, meeting new client face-to-face, and not to forget I'll be my own employer, which means I'll be the one to tell myself when I should work. This is a critical point which links to a must-have personality in myself -- self-motivated. This should be derived from my passion towards real estate related stuff.
Oh yeah, I'm so eager just to start my job as a real estate negotiator~