Do you ever has a great deal of interest in such kind of fictional story? Looking back, I personally think that I like sci-fiction a lot, but only when it possesses one kind of competence.
What kind of competence, you would ask. Well, generally, I'd say it's the technological innovation of the futuristic world that would win the heart of the audience.
Take a simple example.
Star Wars. Say, what's the utmost impression that strikes into your mind when we talk about this, one of the greatest movies ever created?
Duh. Of course it's their super-cool
light-saber, and also the conflict arises between the good and evil side of the
Force. Not forget to mention their super cool fighter jet. I forget what's the exact name for the plane, but it's the jet which Luke Skywalker travels along with the round-headed robot.
Well, I think that's some really innovative technological inspiration there. That's the winning point of the movies -- I think I can safely say this out to everyone in the world. Without these, I think Star Wars sixology (does this word even exists?) will definitely be not as successful as it has the competence.
Personally, in my very own opinion, I believe this applies to all the Science Fiction out there. It's hard to see some really extraordinary technological innovation from these sort of movie. That's the reason why so lil sci-fic is successful out there.
As a closing note, watch more Science Fiction and tell me which one is nice out there. You, get moving!!
Labels: Thoughts