"Friends are always there when we need them"
That's what people always tell us, right?
To me, I have a very bad dilemma towards the phrase. Not only because I have way too much past experiences (which are, of course, the sort of unpleasant experiences) with my circle of friends, I also tend not to open up myself to people that
easily.
Well, that isn't the main issue here today. What I'd like to say is that, at time, I admit that I really do feel hopeless to the word "friends" itself. But just as the saying
"there's silver lining among the clouds", there will be always people who raise me up when I'm in trouble. Of course, I'm grateful towards those people who will stay by my side until the end.
And for the past one week, I encountered such situation once more. Friends, they gave me hope, and without them, I couldn't have achieved what I possess today, couldn't be able stay back on my two feet again. So, for once, I'd like to say thank you for your support! You know who you are, and as a token of my gratitude, I promise I'll return the same amount of feeling. This is going to be something mutual, two-sided. I promise.
The moral of the story today is that: We should continue to treat everyone equally, regardless of their ethnicity, their background, or their personalities, because everyone deserves the same amount of kindness from us.
孔子说: 己所不欲,勿施于人.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
In then end, I believe you will be able to find the kind of friends who will be more than willing return the same amount of kindness to you. If they don't cherish what you've done, why bother so much? It'll be fine as long as you've fulfilled your task as a friend.
So, until then. The world will going to be a war-free heaven.
Labels: About Life, Thoughts