To you, what defines someone's personality? Let's take an example, your boyfriend/girlfriend?
Look, attitude, gesture, smell, style, voice, or perhaps, charm?
You don't know? Or you've got a very affirmative answer?
Think twice first, because I'm about to fire at the majority of the girls in this world (mostly Malaysia, though) .
To me, I define personality as something which make one person unique from the other. And by reading this, do you think it's that simple? If you're still standing firm with your own answer, let me ask you a simple question. What makes him/her special?
Well, if you're about to give me all the craps about him/her being sincere, gentle, sweet, or etc, please spare me the craps. That's totally bullshit.
Let me put it this way: say vanilla ice-cream represents the trait of sweetness, you purchasing it from anywhere won't make a difference right? Sigh, still arguing saying that there are different kind of vanillas out there? Fine.
Downright they're still vanilla in flavor right?
That's where my crucial question kicks into the play. It's a critical question which I popped up whenever I met a new friend (usually to girls).
"So, what do you usually do during your free time?"
Guess what? I've got all sort of hilarious replies, which of course, I did not allow myself laughing in front of that. I still respect everyone, you know.
But yet, the most notable ones are as such: shopping (my God), sleeping (what the hell?), studying course material (an obvious sign of no life), watching celebrities shows (models wannabe).
Can't believe I'm hearing those for them. Their lives revolve around those things only? Oh wow,
it's hard to accept that, this is because that way, it won't distinguish them from the other people all around the world. As I jokingly say, why not pick other girls instead of her? Since there's nothing unique about this girl, picking who wouldn't be a matter at all.
Surprisingly, through my own observation, almost 80-90% of the girls fall into this kind of categories. No offense to girls out there, but this is
my opinion on you all after all.
In fact, I'm quite disheartened since till date, I failed to find someone (guy or girl) who shares the same passion as me -- writing. But that's alright, I have alternative source. Poor friends in college, they gotta suffer since they need to pick out a single grain from the whole sack.
However, to look on the bright side, there are a few with very distinct personalities. That itself makes them stand out among the crowd. Kudos to those who are reading this, and
think that you fall into this category.
To wrap my whole entry up, I'd say in order for a person to have an unique personality, he or she must have something, at least something apart from routine activities, from the others. Some nice examples are playing piano (quite nice), cooking (yum yum), writing (my ideal!), or do anything that interests her during her free time.
I have mine. Do you have yours?
Labels: About Life, Thoughts