Well, well, are you always experiencing the same thing as I do? What am I experiencing, you asked? The title speaks for itself, of people who are having bad moods and staying online (MSN).
Sometimes, being the curious guy I am, I wonder why are they staying online still whilst being in a bad mood? For me, I'll just go offline immediately, either doze of to sleep or listen to some calm music; to them, I don't know. There's no benefit to them for staying online, and I see no logical explan--
Hey wait, in this critical moment my logical reasoning kicks in. I've got an idea what they're up to.
- I'd say it's self-pitying. When he/she goes online and instantly changes his/her personal message into something that sounds like "I'm in a bad mood", it's like spreading the attention-seeking aura to tell people "Hey, please leave me a message because I'm in a bad mood". For heaven's sake, if you're that desperate for people to care about you, no need to do online. There's something which can do the job in a more efficient way. There's something we call mobile phones. If you give excuse of running out of credit, try signing up Skype cause you'll get 50 free credit (I think) and you can call now. :)
- They're finding someone to scold with. By purposely staying online, there's slight chance that people may ring them a message. That's when his/her whole purpose of staying online comes into play -- to scold the poor bastard for a crime that he has never committed.
That's why sometimes I'm sick of people in the virtual reality. People goes online for the sake of online, for the sake of the community, not because they themselves wanted to stay online. Literally, they're turn into a puppet of the community. That's how community can shape a person, accordingly, which I called it the
social stigma.
Sad, but deadly true yeah. Kinda sad of the shallow-minded puppet in the world these days.
Labels: Thoughts