I am, and will always be a fan to Doraemon series, which serves not only as a comical relief in my life, but also as one of my constant moral reminder in life.
But today, while I was browsing through Wikipedia, I noticed this from the website:
The second, more pessimistic ending suggests that Nobita Nobi is suffering from autism and that all the characters (including Doraemon) are simply his delusion. The idea that Nobita was a sick and dying little boy who imagined the entire series on his sickbed to help him ease his pain and depression no doubt angered quite a lot of fans. Many Japanese fans staged a protest outside the headquarters of the publisher of the series after learning about this suggestion. The publisher had to issue a public statement that this is not true. (This ending actually correlates to the ending for the series St. Elsewhere, which ended in 1988.)I'm speechless after I read this. It's true that it is disheartening to read this few paragraphs, but this non-canonical way to convey the ending of the series is truly remarkable. It's very sad, I know. It strikes into my mind instantly and remind myself that I should cherish my life even more. Life is short, but it's the memories that matter in the end (regardless of real or fake) because these are the evidence of us shared as a living being.
I think I'm going to sob and after that, possibly transform this strong presence of the melancholy (have I used the correct vocabulary here?) into an one-shot story.
To raise more awareness among the human ranks, that's what I'm going to do.
Cheers, and lead yourself to a happier life. :)
Labels: About Life, Thoughts