Within Temptation

The Forsaken

The world revolves around us, with or without my existence.. Searching for the right person..The bearer of the silent requiem..

Credit: anotakuami

Chatbox






Friends

  • BoA
  • JJ
  • Sibeh Sien
  • Adelee Ho
  • Adeline
  • Carmen Lu
  • Christine Ang
  • Ching Yong
  • Daniel Andrew
  • De Min
  • Donnovan
  • Donut
  • Eileen
  • Guo Xiang
  • Hao Zhi
  • Hoh Geap
  • Hui Ting
  • James Jack
  • Joyce Ding
  • Kacy Lam
  • Kah Yean
  • Leeza
  • Lok Soon
  • Mary Koh
  • Mr. Marcus
  • Mr. Jay
  • Munn Sing
  • Phynaz
  • Pei Ting
  • Pey Xen
  • Sharee Ch'ng
  • Sheng Yuan
  • Sher Huey
  • Siu Hong
  • Suan Li
  • Sui Yuan
  • Sze Ming
  • Tatt Hoong
  • Vern Yen
  • Wee Ven
  • William Heng
  • Yee Phing
  • Yong We
  • Yi Lian
  • Yue Ying

  • Archives


    [ February 2006 ]
    [ March 2006 ]
    [ April 2006 ]
    [ May 2006 ]
    [ June 2006 ]
    [ July 2006 ]
    [ August 2006 ]
    [ September 2006 ]
    [ October 2006 ]
    [ November 2006 ]
    [ December 2006 ]
    [ January 2007 ]
    [ February 2007 ]
    [ March 2007 ]
    [ April 2007 ]
    [ May 2007 ]
    [ June 2007 ]
    [ July 2007 ]
    [ August 2007 ]
    [ September 2007 ]
    [ October 2007 ]
    [ November 2007 ]
    [ December 2007 ]
    [ January 2008 ]
    [ February 2008 ]
    [ March 2008 ]
    [ April 2008 ]
    [ May 2008 ]
    [ June 2008 ]
    [ July 2008 ]
    [ August 2008 ]
    [ September 2008 ]
    [ October 2008 ]
    [ November 2008 ]
    [ December 2008 ]
    [ January 2009 ]
    [ February 2009 ]
    [ March 2009 ]
    [ April 2009 ]
    [ May 2009 ]
    [ June 2009 ]
    [ July 2009 ]
    [ August 2009 ]
    [ September 2009 ]
    [ October 2009 ]
    [ December 2009 ]
    [ January 2010 ]
    [ February 2010 ]
    [ March 2010 ]
    [ April 2010 ]
    [ January 2011 ]
    [ May 2011 ]

    Counter


    Leo


    67% Leo

  • Groundbreaking Thinker (GT)

  • Tsubasa's Corner


    Credit: ~Momoko-Asuka

    Credit: koinogen

    Friday, March 27, 2009

    Heroes Criticism, Part 4



    As at to date, I've quite some stuff to talk about this particular series.

    First of all, here comes the usual bashes. The storyline is not making sense. At time of course. I just couldn't understand why do the government people have to round up some people with 'special abilities', which is in my personal opinion - a complete lame one, such as underwater breathing.

    If I were them I'd focus my time more towards the more key, or perhaps dangerous person, rather than wasting time to catch people with funny abilities and ended up failing. What a complete waste of time.

    To drill deeper into the matter, it makes me wonder how do these government people detect and determine who is the special one? How can they gain access to such truth/information with such great speed? My only explanation to that would be Molly, a girl with the ability to detect the presence of other special people, but still she has limitation to that. Just a side note, they're even able to detect a newborn child with an ability.

    Seriously, Claire's daddy issues for the first few episodes of Volume Four pisses me off. That's like the fourth time they're repeating the same argument again. Big sigh.

    At times, I think that they're killing off characters to quickly. After spending one-two episodes talking and exploring the characteristic of a particular person, the next episode he will just get caught off-scene so easily. Yeah, I'm talking about the puppet man Doyle. This give me a kind of feeling that the previous episodes are a bit irrelevant, cause they spend so much time building up a character and the next second they'd just toss him back into the shit hole again.

    And, I'm slowly leaning towards the idea that there are impacts left by the recessions. More and more characters die off in a pretty unrealistic way/without logical following & explanation, and I guess they're being fired, lol! This give the audience to have a hard time to feel for a character.

    To support my point, I'd say imagine, till date, after following the series for three consecutive seasons, I don't even feel any about Nathan. Nothing apart him that leave me with a great impact/impression. Even Tracy's death didn't leave me traumatized for a single second. Instead, I was like 'hey, here goes another character. I wonder who's next?'.

    Apart from that, Sylar's issue with his father kinda irks me. His father told Sylar that he wanted his regeneration ability, hypnotized Sylar into sleep, and the next scene we found out that his father was taking his own sweet time sharpening his sword while explaning about his grand motive to acquire immortality through his son. Well, guess what? He got his arse kicked by Sylar the next second after he brought his 'operating table' and was about to disect Sylar. It's funny when you recalled that he has the ability to cut open people's head in split second and to study how's the ability work instead.

    That's all for the criticisms for this issue, but there are also a few good things that I've got to point out. The two of them takes place in the most recent episode, S03E20.

    Hiro & Ando are always the stars of the show, at least in my opinion. Especially during this week's episode. How can any living being not falling for the charms of their character? The only exception to that was the time-stopping contradiction - why can the baby still moves when Hiro stopped time?

    The part which Matt granted Daphne a happy ending was worth to be mentioned. The scene was altogether pretty nice written, short but meaningful.

    While I was watching, the concept struck into my mind and made me getting all hyped-up. I felt like to write an one-shot story with the same idea, but in my very own way. Of course, I've the rough idea jotted down, but I'm thinking should I proceed with the plan or not? After all it's not my own idea, or perhaps, I don't know any idea to portray the concept in another way. All I could do was to alter the mood and the way which I'd bring it into a story itself.

    An act of plagarism, you may say, but I will at least write my own version of that and archive it.

    Tell me, should or should I not publish the concept to Fictionpress in the near future?

    Labels: Review, Thoughts


    Waiting for your arrival @ 3:43 AM