I don't think I've typed something such as this before, but anyway, I'm going to talk about the topic experiences today.
I've seen many people found their youth counterpart either disgusting, ugly, or unbearable upon sight. This kinda ticks me off especially when I heard comments such as:
- Yerr, why I look so nerd one last time?
- OMG, I look so stupid in that picture.
- This & That.
- & etc...
Why? Because for God's sake, that's you yourself in that picture. If you hate just by looking at yourself, why don't you just go take a knife and cut your wrist, or rather, repeat the sequences of the famous
"You Jump, I Jump" instead?
(just kidding~)In my personal opinion, I figure out these happen mainly due to a few reasons:
- First of all, reluctance to change of personal belief, a.k.a. taken for grantedness in a way.
- Again, they might not accept who they were in the past because of mere outlook differences. (ugly last time, handsome now)
- The last one is of when the person hates he or herself, but it is highly unlikely in this case...
- & etc...
These are just based on my personal judgment, and may or may not be correct to everyone, so I'll reserve the correction to you readers.
But what I'm trying to say is that,
experiences make us who we are today. Without them, we won't be the person we are today. Without them, we may be a same person but with different personality instead.
Thus, I can safely conclude that experiences are a strong tool that will shape our own personality. It's just like what I've mentioned in my previous post,
Logical vs. Creativity, where you're exposed to many situations where your creatives are being utilized, you'll become better with it.
Nothing comes off without a price, don't forget about that.
So, a piece of advice to people out there:
If you guys are still whining, loathing, or complaining about your younger self, why don't do me a favour by smacking your head against the wall. That might do you good as you do not know how to appreciate things.
Instead, stop your negative assessment towards your counterpart and be glad that it happened that way.
Never once regret what you've did in the past, remember that!
Labels: About Life, Thoughts