
Well, hands up for one of the best game of the year,
Portal by
Valve Corporation.
Valve Corporation is the producer of the Half-Life series, which I've been always looking forward until now. I've lost count of how many times I have replayed Half-Life 1 & 2, but the fun I gain from the game never ceases to amaze me.
And again, Valve is famous for their physic engine (especially for the awesomeness of Half-Life 2), and this is no exception. Even with low end graphic cards (Radeon X550), the graphic being displayed is much more better than I've expected.
The title of the game is pretty self-explanatory: the game employs a Portal Gun which has the ability to create portals (one blue, one orange), and revolves around a puzzle-solving environment.
The great thing about it is, there's no definite way of solving a stage. You can actually do it in your own
creative way just to get things done, unlike the classical, mandatory approach we've been following all of these time.
I'd say this game has a pretty unique gameplay, one which has not been established by most of the games out there. Perhaps, it might be the first one to employ such kind of unique gameplay which startles gamers such as me.
Oh yeah, I haven't mention that the story has a really funny and cynical type of humor? The A.I. in the game, a.k.a.
GLaDOS always pops fun of the silent protagonist, and it makes me laugh for more than ten occasions. That's already a lot for a three-four total hours of gameplay. Short game, eh?
Too bad. If it's going to be any longer, it'd be more interesting. That's my only complain for this awesome game.
I'd highly recommend Portal to anyone who likes puzzle-solving nature game a lot. Defintely worth giving it a try even though it's pretty short.
Last but not least, I'd proudly present...
Still Alive (Portal Credits)This was a triumphI'm making a note hereHUGE SUCCESSIt's hard to overstate my satisfactionAperture Sciencewe do what we must because we canfor the good of all of us except for the ones who are deadbut there's no sense crying over every mistakeyou just keep on trying until you run out of cakeand the science gets done and you make a neat gunfor the people who are still aliveI'm not even angryI'm being so sincere right noweven though you broke my heart and killed meand torn into piecesand threw every piece into a fireas they burned it hurt because I was so happy for you!Now these points of data make a wonderful lineand we're out of beta, we're releasing on timeso I'm glad I got burnedThink of all the things we learned for the people that are still alivego ahead and leave meI think I prefer to stay insidemaybe you'll find someone else to help youmaybe black mesathat was a joke, haha, fat chanceanyway this cake is great, it's so delicious and moistlook at me still talking, when there's science to dowhen I look out there it makes me glad I'm not youI've experiments to run, there is research to be doneon the people who are still aliveand believe me I am still aliveI'm doing science and I'm still aliveI feel FANTASTIC and I'm still aliveWhile you are dying I'll be still aliveand when you're dead I'll be still aliveSTILL ALIVE, still aliveHAHA! Such a cute song. :P
Labels: Game, Review