So, here's the official "part 1" criticism for the series,
Heroes.
*Spoiler Alert Ahead*By the way, the blue fonts below are from the official summary for the future episodes. So, the spoilers it contains are pretty insignificant as compared to the other major spoilers.
"Hoping to find a way to stop Arthur (guest star Robert Forster), Hiro (Masi Oka) and Claire (Hayden Panettiere) band together and travel back in time 16 years to when Kaito (guest star George Takei) gave baby Claire to H.R.G. (Jack Coleman)."Once again, the same ol' time-traveling trick. The idea is being used over and over again until it's getting really
bored. Won't those professional script writers or authors think out some other approaches for storytelling instead of the simple-minded way?
"Meanwhile, Peter (Milo Ventimiglia) and the Haitian (guest star Jimmy Jean-Louis) team up to finish off Arthur Petrelli for good but are interrupted by Sylar (Zachary Quinto)."
Even though I'm a firm believer of Haitian being virtually the "God" in the series, I strongly disagrees his presence/participation in killing the main villain in Season 3. You ask me why?
First, they create Arthur Petrelli, the arch villain which is too powerful for any of the characters to handle. This gives us an unconscious mindset that it's gonna takes the
"good guys" hard time to defeat him.
It's a good thing to create tension, but if they're going to turn the super-villain virtually into a helpless child, struggling in vain and ended up getting his arse kicked without packing a punch, I can safely assures you it's gonna be an uber domination- in terms of
boringness.
Secondly, what's the point of creating a strong villain who get himself defeated by a side-character easily?
Nothing comes off with a price, eh? And where is the concept of
equilibrium?
Then, Arthur Petrelli is always afraid of precognition skill. But what amuses me is that he doesn't even give a damn to Haitian who owned him once in the past -alongside with Angela. If I was him, I'd find any possible way to kill Haitian in order not to crossroad with him in the future.
Overall, what I'm going to say is that after creating a tense conflict/tension among the audiences, they should find an
appropriate way to satisfy them. They shouldn't go for the shortcut approach (which is pretty lame in my opinion) even if they're running out of idea or whatever.
Oh yeah, on a side note, I actually liked HRG's character during Season 1 (most characterization by that time), but lose interest in him since Season 2 & 3. Why? It's because he has got less screen time, and the issues he's facing are getting repetitive. No new approaches means the same ol' word,
boring, again. But of course, I'm looking forward to see if there's going to be more his character development in the future.
Originates from: http://www.heroestelevision.com/heroes-season-3-episode-12/Labels: Review