"The philosophical explanation of karma can differ slightly between traditions, but the general concept is basically the same. Through the law of karma, the effects of all deeds actively create past, present, and future experiences, thus making one responsible for one's own life, and the pain and joy it brings to him/her and others. The results or 'fruits' of actions are called karma-phala. In religions that incorporate reincarnation, karma extends through one's present life and all past and future lives as well."
I have no idea where did I get this definition from, but guys, well, what is your definition for Karma itself?
According to Wikipedia, it defines Karma as...
"Evil is a broad term used to indicate a negative moral or ethical judgment, often used to describe intentional acts that are cruel, unjust, or selfish. Evil is usually contrasted with good, which describes intentional acts that are kind, just, or unselfish.
In many cultures, evil is used to describe acts or thoughts which are contrary to some particular religion. In some religions, evil is an active force, often personified as an entity such as Satan or Ahriman."
So, well, what happens if a supposedly "evil" person commits a crime that people perceives as morally evilly act, but he/she thinks its nothing bad at all? These people will exercises their own judgments too, and by rights (human rights I guess?), they aren't evil - at least to themselves.
And here comes the big picture, Karma. People says, Karma is related and tied to whatever good/bad deeds that you've done over the course of your life. In my personal opinion, I'd put it as a meter or a bar. Anything good you've performed will fills the bar up, or vice versa.
Okay, so I'd like to point out something here.
Who is the one who judges what's wrong and what's right? The judge in the court? The society? Or perhaps, God himself?
Who knows?
I believe there's a saying that there's only a very thin line between right & wrong.
Let's say, if you're telling a lie that is beneficial/harmless to both parties, is that counted as committing a bad deed? To you, it might be nothing - might be a way of avoiding offenses, so what if the person (hearer) perceives it as a misdeed? Does your karma bar goes down?
- White lies
Or maybe, it's all up to God's judgment? It's all a question.
The greatest debate that I'd like to point out is that...
What if a morally evil act (to the society) is committed by a person who thinks he/she isn't wrong?
And what about some actions that has been taken by a particular race, which isn't morally acceptable to other cultural races?
P/S: I'm political neutral. Don't kill me for stating this. XD
Anyway, I've written this article & have this idea inside my mind for quite some time already (I think one year plus). Finally it's time to publish it here.
Opinions are always welcomed. (as if people is going to read this anyway XD)
Labels: About Life, Thoughts