I've watched his movie,
The Mist, today. And I'd like to say it is awesome. Whomever I should credit this to (Stephen King or the movie's director), they're GOOD.
The emotional/psychological aspects are well-portrayed through characters.
The Mist and
1408, both movies based on Stephen King's novel are horror-film. But in fact, they aren't the typical scary movies. Okay, I'll take back my previous sentence; they are
not scary at all. But somehow, when I'm watching the movie, there's this kind of fear arouses inside my mind. The feeling is...very unique, I can feel it, but at the same time, I'm not scared. It's like psychology kind of horror, a kind of fear that invokes inside your mind.
You won't go "WOW", "OMG", "HOLY CRAP" from this kind of feelings, but you'll feel your fingers shaking, your mind trembling. Yes, it's true. I think my opinion is quite valid, since I'm quite an avid horror-film movie fans, and I don't really get freaked out from those movies. I'd say, those movies give the audience the feelings of temporary, but not longing kind of shock/surprise. A better word for it, I'd call it "
physical fear".
I think I'm really starting to like this crazy but wonderful author. He's really a good horror-writer, and I'm looking forward to read his works when I've the chance to.
Any good books you guys will like to suggest me?