Within Temptation

The Forsaken

The world revolves around us, with or without my existence.. Searching for the right person..The bearer of the silent requiem..

Credit: anotakuami

Chatbox






Friends

  • BoA
  • JJ
  • Sibeh Sien
  • Adelee Ho
  • Adeline
  • Carmen Lu
  • Christine Ang
  • Ching Yong
  • Daniel Andrew
  • De Min
  • Donnovan
  • Donut
  • Eileen
  • Guo Xiang
  • Hao Zhi
  • Hoh Geap
  • Hui Ting
  • James Jack
  • Joyce Ding
  • Kacy Lam
  • Kah Yean
  • Leeza
  • Lok Soon
  • Mary Koh
  • Mr. Marcus
  • Mr. Jay
  • Munn Sing
  • Phynaz
  • Pei Ting
  • Pey Xen
  • Sharee Ch'ng
  • Sheng Yuan
  • Sher Huey
  • Siu Hong
  • Suan Li
  • Sui Yuan
  • Sze Ming
  • Tatt Hoong
  • Vern Yen
  • Wee Ven
  • William Heng
  • Yee Phing
  • Yong We
  • Yi Lian
  • Yue Ying

  • Archives


    [ February 2006 ]
    [ March 2006 ]
    [ April 2006 ]
    [ May 2006 ]
    [ June 2006 ]
    [ July 2006 ]
    [ August 2006 ]
    [ September 2006 ]
    [ October 2006 ]
    [ November 2006 ]
    [ December 2006 ]
    [ January 2007 ]
    [ February 2007 ]
    [ March 2007 ]
    [ April 2007 ]
    [ May 2007 ]
    [ June 2007 ]
    [ July 2007 ]
    [ August 2007 ]
    [ September 2007 ]
    [ October 2007 ]
    [ November 2007 ]
    [ December 2007 ]
    [ January 2008 ]
    [ February 2008 ]
    [ March 2008 ]
    [ April 2008 ]
    [ May 2008 ]
    [ June 2008 ]
    [ July 2008 ]
    [ August 2008 ]
    [ September 2008 ]
    [ October 2008 ]
    [ November 2008 ]
    [ December 2008 ]
    [ January 2009 ]
    [ February 2009 ]
    [ March 2009 ]
    [ April 2009 ]
    [ May 2009 ]
    [ June 2009 ]
    [ July 2009 ]
    [ August 2009 ]
    [ September 2009 ]
    [ October 2009 ]
    [ December 2009 ]
    [ January 2010 ]
    [ February 2010 ]
    [ March 2010 ]
    [ April 2010 ]
    [ January 2011 ]
    [ May 2011 ]

    Counter


    Leo


    67% Leo

  • Groundbreaking Thinker (GT)

  • Tsubasa's Corner


    Credit: ~Momoko-Asuka

    Credit: koinogen

    Thursday, April 26, 2007

    A Dream Could Never Be Realised



    Since young, I was quite obsessed with games, and this thought last quite long until now. It had been refined a lot times though.

    The fantasies game world I'd ever thought of...

    We human could actually enter a virtual reality dimension and actually takes part in the game ourselves (I know this sounds common but let me go on). Let me take one of the games I like a lot, Romance of the Three Kingdoms to be an example for this.

    Okay, I should start. We entered the so-called 'fake' world, and our roles would be a citizen ourselves. Not really on that status but we do actually advances as we trained ourselves in-gamely. After we get stronger by living our life in the world, we'd get promoted and could have a chance of being recruit. Let's say starting of at Shu region, you might be invited being the general. The life goes on and participating in real battle, experiencing the feeling yourself might be just plainly awesome.

    The world is formed by massive players, and there will be NO 'Non Player Characters' a.k.a. NPC. Even the vendors themselves would be players which took up a job as the career. It sounded like a second world, and yeah it is. But this is a world of fantasies which lots thing wouldn't happen in the real on could actually takes place here.

    Okay, and so we'll just age as we proceed. The 'old players' which played for quite some times would actually 'die'. And so their characters will be gone, but they would easily go all over again with a new characters, etc.

    The climax might be after entering the 'fake' world, your memories about the reality would actually get temporarily erased. With these people would get really committed in their works around the world. Taking a sleep will entitled you two choices which is either exiting or go on with the slumber. Back to the reality, the memories recovered while the things that you did on the game world would still carved in your mind. It sounded a bit complicated under my explaination, but that's roughly about that.

    And so, the time rate would be at 1:10 for reality and the game world. This means the time flows a lot slower in the game. As for about the time you went into slumber and actually exited the game world, the time flow would went into a slight twist as it turned out to be another 1:10 for the game world to reality this time. I know it seemed clashing each other on the thoughts and making the time would be infinite in the end. But I doubt human technology would ever reach to the extent where lengthening the time within game world into such a rate.

    Everytime I think of this would makes me feel excited. I would really wanted a chance to go into game world and experience the fantasies lie within. I wanted to cast a spell which impress me from within; I wanted to go on hitting a strong boss with the tension around risen; I wanted to earn fame within game world (which I failed in reality). Had anyone has the same thought as I do before? It's wild, I know.

    Well, there's a game I found which strongly reassembles this kinda of thoughts. The game impressed my quite a lot. That's .hack Root/G.U.

    So far, I'd not know what would happen in the future. The thought of mine I don't know is there even a glimpse of chance of realising. Maybe it'd be, but come to that time I'm already nowhere to be found.

    Let us just see, if we're living in the game world ourselves actually? There's some chances for it don't you think so? Just try imagine yourselves to be an alien being while you're actually 'logged out' of the game with your memories inside the world retained inside a memory card? That'd be awesome...

    I don't know why I have so many silly thoughts. After all I'm just a weirdo in everyone's eyes. =)

    Waiting for your arrival @ 4:21 AM